Friday, September 21, 2007

Blog Box in the Press

Neil Best gave the Blog Box a brief mention at the end of his column for Newsday today. After noting that Monday's preseason game against the Thrashers was the first of its kind to be streamed live exclusively on the Internet, and recognizing the adoption of Islander Mania as the team's official message board, Best had this to say about the Blog Box:

That is unusual, but not as unusual as this: the NYI Blog Box, in which select fans are chosen not only to blog - they already are doing so on the site - but to blog in a designated area at games.

I'm pretty sure I'm not eligible for that.
I've been wondering how the mainstream media will perceive and react to this little venture of ours. I certainly don't think reporters and columnists will be, or should be, threatened by it in any way.

As for live-blogging games from the Blog Box in the Coliseum, I've heard whispers that we won't be permitted to do that. Live-blogging the games was never really a major draw to me anyway. Can you picture 12 blogs all featuring the following entry?

7:48 PM: Sparky just tripped over an Ice Girl's squeegee and got his snout caught in one of the photographer cutouts along the glass.

I am, however, definitely looking forward to blogging about the experience of watching games from the Blog Box.

No comments: