Sunday, October 7, 2007

10/6/07: Islanders 3, Sabres 2

It was a tremendous night at the Coliseum. We were treated to inspired play by the Islanders, a solid win, a home-and-home sweep against the Sabres, and an evening that those of us in the Blog Box will never forget. I have a lot to say about what transpired tonight on and off the ice. Unfortunately, it is past 1:00 AM and I'll never get it all out right now. So this post is a little tease. I will provide full coverage of the evening as soon as possible. For now, I'll just leave you with a picture that speaks volumes about what the team is thinking with regard to Bryan Berard.

Yes, that is a Berard nameplate in the Islanders locker room


My apologies for the quality of the picture. We were on the move and I had to snap it quickly. After the game, I also had a chance to ask Chris Campoli if the Berard situation is having any impact on the team, particularly the defensemen whose jobs could be in jeopardy if and when Berard signs. Campoli, who was very gracious in answering questions from the bloggers, basically said that he can't be worried about a player who isn't signed right now, and in the end, it's up to him to work hard and remain in the lineup on his own merits regardless of who else is around. The consensus among the bloggers is that Chris doesn't have anything to worry about.










Chris Campoli fields questions from members of the Blog Box

2 comments:

Jim McGlynn said...

Ken, great work on the Berard front. I also thought your question to Campoli was the best of the night.

Islanders Outsider said...

Thanks, Jim. I think we all acquitted ourselves quite well given the circumstances. Right into the fire!